Monday, October 5, 2009

quilt for a new room

I decided to make a quilt for Tessa to celebrate her moving into her own room. I had hoped to be finished when she turned six months old this weekend. I think I just finish it in time, possibly.



These are the fabrics I chose, I quite like the combination of pinks, grays and blues. But I think the flat denim blue may be a bit too dark it will hopefully turn out fine when its finished


The quilt blocks are now all pieced together and I am a lot happier with the colour combinations. I think it will look quite sweet when it's finished. I have some special ideas for the backing piece, you have to wait and see.

This is a vest I knitted for Tessa in the 6 month size of the Oz Vest pattern from Lousia Harding's Book Natural Knits for Babies and Moms. It was an easy knit and I enjoyed learning a couple of new techniques, picking up stitches and knitting in the round with DPNs. But think the sizing is a little strange as this vest will easily fit her next winter when she is one, which is ok i will admit to adding length but only because the proportion or it needed it.

3 comments:

  1. wow, you have been busy! everything looks so beautiful, Tessa is one lucky bub!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The asparagus looks great, it is one of my all time favourite vegetables. The little vest is very cute and sometimes the sizing is not always what we anticipate is it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have a very good point Sue. I guess its all just an interesting experiment with knitting, I did enjoy the process of figuring it out. thanks for commenting.
    Tinylovely

    ReplyDelete