Wednesday, October 28, 2009

More spring highlights

There is some gorgeous spring flowers in the garden at the moment. Here a few of my favourites.
The lovely soldier poppy or flanders poppy is another for it I think. It now self sows every autumn and flowers with brilliant red flowers in spring.

One of our favourite roses of which I am not sure of its name. We four plants in a raised bed next to the courtyard. They finally got pruned late this winter and are looking so much heathier this season.

And these lovely bulbs are in the same garden, I'm not sure what they are called. I think its Peruvian lily, if you have any ideas what it might be called please leave a comment.

3 comments:

  1. ooohhaahhh i love your poppies..what a GORGEOUS display!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi there Rebecca,

    lovely poppies...if only there are lovely flowers just like that in M'sia...anyhow-Tessa is adorable...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know the name of your lilies, but that pink rose might just be Mary Rose, a lovely David Austin rose with a beautiful perfume.

    ReplyDelete