I knitted an adaptation of the Kaia Babydoll dress a couple of days ago, it was a nice and quick project. I was inspired by the AliGknits version's of this pattern I've seen lately, she recommended casting on in the size smaller and then increasing to the size you want. I did this but there was still a bit too much gaping at the neckline so added shirring elastic, this worked a treat.
I used an 8ply bamboo/cotton yarn called Bella baby layette, doubled on size 6mm needles. I then hand sewed the fabric skirt which was originally a very cute apron I found at an opp-shop.
Tessa really does love her Pusscats and like to make sure they are very well fed and watered.
Tuesday, December 14, 2010
Saturday, December 4, 2010
This was the yarn I dyed up for the summer yarn swap, that was organized by the lovely Hannah of Rainbow Child and Red Riding Hood Yarns.
My lucky swap recipient is Kate from Chevgirl. I used berry colour tones for a summer berries theme, added some yummy berry chocolate logs and wildberry tea. I also gifted Kate a pattern on ravelry that I had been looking at for awhile. The sweet Spring Garden Tee by Alana Dakos of the wonderful blog Nevernotknitting.
I dyed 200gms of pure wool with Queens food colouring in the crockpot, wow was it fun and amazing to think what you can do with something as simple as food colouring and vinegar. It was my first attempt at semisolid colours but it didn't work very well as I didn't use enough dye. So I overdyed using the steam method, on the stove.