Friday, October 14, 2011

Blogtober: KCWC, Creative Space

So the other day I finished my first attempt of sewing the Charlie Tunic from the MadebyRae Blog. It's great unisex pattern that goes from size 12months to 5years, great value for money.


I was quite pleased with how it turned out. I used some lovely blue chambray cotton for the contrast facings etc. For the main fabric I pulled a couple of pillowcases in a sweet floral print out of my vintage stash and I had quite a bit left over from the second pillowcase.


Although there are quite a few steps to the pattern, there are great photo instructions to help you along the way. I enjoyed this pattern so much I have already finished the second version.

This version was a size 12-18months with french seam as I had black thread on the overlocker. I really should have have changed it to white as this cute top won't fit the whole summer most likely. The only thing I really recommend changing when using this pattern would be to lengthen it by about 5cm or 2inchs. Otherwise I can't wait to sew my third version, maybe dress length with cap sleeves.
For more Creative Spaces visit here.

2 comments:

  1. I´ve chosen this awsome tunic for my kcwc top 10. You can see the post here: http://pandielleando.blogspot.com/2011/10/mis-favoritos-de-kcwc.html
    good job! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete