Saturday, October 15, 2011
Blogtober: KCWC, another Charlie Tunic
Well this rather rumpled looking top (she had just been for a 30min ride in the carseat) is my second Charlie Tunic. This time I used a heavier weight quilting cotton for the main and some gingham from my lovely MILs stash. I used a size 2 this time and didn't do french seams so it should last all summer. It was definitely out of my comfort zone for colours and clashing potential but I do think it kind of works. Again I added length and spiced it up with cute shirred gathered pockets from the Made website. Which are much easier to sew than they look. In fact I'm really becoming a convert to sewing with shirring elastic, great for quick projects.
We went to our local Spring show and this is Tessa having her very first ride on the Merry-Go-Round. You can't tell from the photo but she is rapt and having a great time.