Friday, January 29, 2010

My creative space

Well I managed to sneak a bit sewing into this week here and there and finished this cute little bodysuit for Tessa. It's made from organic cotton knit fabric on sale at the local fabric shop, I was most impressed and at this price of $7.50m, I am actually a little skeptical about its authenticity. But I will hope that it is what I have been led to believe as it's just what I needed. As you can see Tessa's skin flares up with teething and the constant dribble has irritated her skin so she has had weeks of a horrible rash on her chest too, I have tried everything, so I thought some organic cotton might help. Tessa is needing the next size up bodysuit for this coming season, it's still quite roomy which is great. I also added a bit of length to make room for cloth nappies.

The sweet little owl was made from fabric scraps I had picked up from the opp shop. After I made this one, I did a whole lot of owl sketches and I will attempt an even cuter little owl next time.

2 comments:

  1. I am so impressed that you made that body suit, it is fantastic. The owl is great too. Your Tessa is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the little owl & look at Tessa! Isn't she a doll?! One of mine used to get very rashy under the neck, very sore & red. It's hard to keep that chubby little area dry isn't it? Hope she is feeling better soon xo

    ReplyDelete