I knitted an adaptation of the Kaia Babydoll dress a couple of days ago, it was a nice and quick project. I was inspired by the AliGknits version's of this pattern I've seen lately, she recommended casting on in the size smaller and then increasing to the size you want. I did this but there was still a bit too much gaping at the neckline so added shirring elastic, this worked a treat.
I used an 8ply bamboo/cotton yarn called Bella baby layette, doubled on size 6mm needles. I then hand sewed the fabric skirt which was originally a very cute apron I found at an opp-shop.
Tessa really does love her Pusscats and like to make sure they are very well fed and watered.