Wednesday, February 3, 2010

My Creative Space

I found these brilliant buttons last month when I visiting my mum for her birthday, Tessa and I surprised her which really quite special. Anyway we went shopping at this really really amazing yarn shop, and these are what I came away with. My self control was quite good for once which is very unusal as normally I would have to buy some yarn any yarn to add to my stash. Anyway getting off topic, these gorgeous wooden heart buttons just had to come with me, I took all they had left. I am thinking a cute little pinafore dresses for Tessa this winter, or maybe to decorate a sweet knitted hat.

I got these gorgeous rose buttons at the same time I just love them. I think a cardy for me, when I finally get around to deciding which one to knit either Mr Greanjeans modified similar to this or the Febuary lady sweater also lengthened. I have 18 50gm balls of cleakheaton country silk yarn, in a charcoal grey with flecks of a lighter grey silk through it, quite a rustic colour.

This is something else I have sneaking away to sew, its not quite finished but I thought I would like to share. A sweet wee dress for Tessa to wear to my sister in laws wedding. Its made from lovely light muslin. The lining is from a muslin wrap of Tessa's that we didn't need, so this is kind of a refashion.

A close up of some of the detailing.

4 comments:

  1. Those wooden rose buttons are gorgeous! and I love the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those buttons are to die for! Love them...xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love those buttons. The wood gives those hearts such an interesting simplicity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The buttons are wonderful! And that dress! How beautiful.

    ReplyDelete