Sunday, July 26, 2009

What's in a name?

I've been thinking about names lately, well for awhile really since I became pregnant. We had many lists of possiblities, I wanted a name that was unique (coming from a class at school with six Rebecca's, this was important) but not too out there that it would cause unwanted attention. Whereas the soon to be Dad wanted a more traditional name that wasn't too weird and is easy to spell and pronounce. We both had very valid points so we compromised.
It's interesting how much you agonise and think a long time about deciding the perfect name for your bundle of joy. Don't get me wrong I love the name we chose for our daughter Tessa Iris. But it's funny how fast the cute nicknames start which are quite special, she is nearly 4 months old and the list of nicknames are as follows:
Sweet pea, Hun Bun, Hunny Bunny, Saus, Cuteness, Munchkin, Jellybean, Ratbag, Riggle monster, Darling, Little Angel, and of course Tiny Lovely. I bet every parent has a list just for a moment think about writing them down it will something good to look back on when they are older and make you want to tear your hair out.

No comments:

Post a Comment